Even if you’re doing standard missionary with minimal foreplay, sex is a physical activity. If you’re trying different positions and including foreplay, you’re definitely getting a workout. Just like any successful workout, sex requires that you be hydrated and fed to perform. However, when it comes to food and sex, there is a bit more to the process:
Let’s Talk About Water
While this article is about food, hydration is also critical. Lack of water can cause thirst, dry mouth, muscle cramps, and other unpleasantness. Ultimately, it may just be inconvenient to have to stop what you’re doing to take a water break.
Diet and Sex Life
More research is needed to truly understand the connections between sex and diet. However, experts agree that a heart-healthy diet is good for sexual activity. Likewise, foods that generally increase circulation are also a good call. There are a few foods that are good for helping improve sex- even if only indirectly.
What Foods Make You More Sexually Active?
Aphrodisiacs foods and other substances that are designed to induce sexual arousal. In other words, they are foods that make you horny. Some examples of aphrodisiacs include oysters and certain nuts and seeds. Munching on these foods before sex- or feeding these foods to your partner- is thought to make you and your partner more aroused.
What Should I Eat to Last Longer in Bed?
If you’re looking for a long, steamy bedroom session, you may wonder which foods increase stamina? Studies show that foods that promote energy, circulation, and heart health are also useful for improving sexual stamina.
- Does Garlic Help Sexuality? Garlic acts as a natural blood thinner and helps promote circulation to your sexual organs. While garlic may be stinky, you won’t notice if you and your partner both indulge in a garlic-based meal or if you simply use gum or mouthwash after consuming a garlic-flavored food. In the meantime, garlic is just generally good for you and can be quite flavorful. In addition, garlic before sex can help enhance your sexual experience.
- Chocolate: Chocolate is a known aphrodisiac. So, what does chocolate do to you sexually? For many people, the sugar and caffeine in chocolate help give an additional boost of energy, making chocolate excellent both before and after sex. Besides providing an energy boost and a potential arousing effect, chocolate is also a tasty treat to feed to your partner, or to have your partner lick off you.
- Wine Before Sex? Having alcohol before sex can help lower inhibitions and calm nerves. However, there is no proof that having a glass of wine before sex improves the experience. If you do choose to have wine before sex, make sure that you are not having too much because too much can cause dehydration and lower your ability to feel, which will actually dull the pleasure created by sexual activity.
As you indulge in your drink of choice, you should also make sure that you’re drinking enough water. After all, sex -especially good sex– can be dehydrating.
What Does Cheese Mean Sexually?
While there is little evidence that cheese improves sexual function, for many people, cheese is comfort food and a great, filling snack. Cheese can easily be cut up and fed to your partner, which does create an erotic effect.
Keep in mind, however, that you should not consume cheese if it doesn’t sit well with you- not even to impress your partner. If your partner plans for a romantic wine and cheese night, opt for the fruit or just calmly let your partner know that cheese is not ideal. While no one wants to hear that they messed up, keeping a positive and proactive attitude- or even approaching the situation with a bit of humor- can help keep the mood on track.
Do Peanuts Help Sexually?
While peanuts don’t necessarily do much for increasing sexual drive, specifically, they are rich in protein and can be a great source of energy. In addition, peanuts are incredibly convenient as a snack. A diet high in nuts can help improve sexual function in women in particular.
What Foods Turn Females on Sexually?
While certain aphrodisiacs like oysters and chocolate can be helpful, the feeling of being turned on should come naturally with your partner- the point of foods is to enhance the feeling, not cause it! If you aren’t feeling turned on with your partner, it’s time to figure out what’s going on and why you’ve lost that feeling of attraction.
What Food Makes a Man Strong in Bed?
There’s no single answer. You can opt for avocados, which in Aztec translates to testicles, peanuts, or bananas that promote the production of sexual hormones and are rich in potassium. However, there is no magical food that works for everyone, so you’ll have to experiment.
When to Speak to a Doctor
While foods are great ways to help enhance your sex life, there are times when medical intervention is warranted. If sex is not working for you, even though you are attracted to your partner, it may be time to speak to a doctor. This can be your general healthcare provider, a gynecologist, or even a psychologist. Identifying the root of the problem and getting the appropriate help can help ensure that your future sex life is successful and enjoyable.
- Best to hydrate: Definitely make sure that you’re drinking plenty of water before sexual activity.
- Foods to avoid: Try to avoid heavy foods like bread and cheese.
- How do oysters help sexually? They promote sexual arousal in both men and women.
- Best supplement for stamina in bed? Keeping a healthy diet overall is best. However, if you feel you have a problem, talk to your doctor.
- Do bananas help erectile dysfunction? While bananas can help promote sex drive, they are not a cure. If bananas don’t work, see a doctor.