Beach sex sounds so romantic. The sound of the waves gently crashing on the shore. Palm fronds swaying in the breeze. The setting sun giving you privacy for your passion. But then… there’s sand in your pants, and a crab has just attacked your partner!
Is beach sex a dream or a nightmare? With the right preparation and sensible expectations, it can be truly amazing.
Tips for Better Beach Sex
Sex at the seashore can be as incredible as it looks in the movies, as long as you keep your environment in mind. Having a few select accessories with you can make the difference too.
All beaches look fantastically alluring when the tide is out, and the kids are at school. But bringing your significant other for an evening of passion, only to discover beach barbecues galore or the tide rushing in, can be a real mood killer.
Sex on beaches is always best when you have a little local knowledge. Find out when the beach is busy, what the tide times are, and other local tidbits like, is there a migration of wildlife across the sand on the very night you’re planning to indulge in passionate beach sex? Unlikely, but possible.
A little research goes a long way!
Beach Sex Preparation
A little preparation means having sex on the beach can be a fantastic experience for you and your partner. Here are our top tips for packing a beach sex backpack that you can take with you.
- Towels. Take as many as you can reasonably carry. Lie on them. Drape them over you. Use them to gently remove sand afterward. You will thank us.
- Wipes. You will (we hope) make a mess on yourself or your partner (or vice versa). Wipes and some tissues are the way forward! Remember to take your litter away with you or dispose of it responsibly. Sensitive wipes can also be useful in removing sand from unwanted places (see below).
- Loose clothing
- Lube – if you use it in the bed, use it on the sand. Just don’t lose it or get sand in it… ouch!
- Don’t forget the condoms if you usually use them.
- Drinks and snacks. Hydration is sexy, and you might get post-coital munchies.
Both men and women having sex on the beach will soon find out that sand in your pants is no laughing matter. Sand is tiny particles that can rub and chafe and even cause bleeding if not removed – particularly if you’ve walked a long way to find a secluded cove and now have a lengthy hike back to your hotel!
Avoid the burn by using towels where you’re sitting or lying and wearing clothes that you don’t have to take all the way off to enjoy sex. Wipes can help remove sand if it does get into unwanted areas, but be careful that you’re not merely scraping the sand over your skin, as this can lead to further irritation and pain.
Best Beach Sex Positions
This brings us to what position you should be in while having sex on the beach. Of course, if you’re super adventurous, you can do whatever you like. The following positions minimize sand-to-genital contact and maintain at least a modicum of privacy, just in case anyone else happens by your special corner of the beach!
- Spooning – Simply slide a loose dress up and stretchy shorts down and cuddle close
- Reverse Cowgirl – Moving in little circles instead of thrusting will look like one of you is simply sat in the other’s lap to a casual onlooker
- Straddling – again, this can appear as a rather passionate cuddle until you get carried away!
- The Dug-Out – Not as filthy as it sounds. Dig a hammock of sorts out of the sand and line it with towels. One partner can ride the other with more privacy than doing it right out there on the flat beach. You could even take your sandcastle skills to the next level and build a wall for further privacy!
Consider investing in an inexpensive, reusable beach shelter if you want a little more privacy and the flexibility to enjoy even more sex positions. Lay your (essential) towels down and trust in the privacy these accessories give. Just remember, if it’s very windy, they can get blown over – which can be either embarrassing for you or shocking for the rest of the beach!
This really depends on which beach you’re making out on. If you’re lucky enough to have access to one of the quietest beaches in America, you might be able to get away with some passionate moaning. However, most beaches have at least some traffic, so learn to tone your noise level down for maximum privacy. It can become a sexy challenge, teasing your partner when they’re not allowed to make a sound!
Cover of Darkness
Enjoy your beach sex adventure just after the sun goes down when most people’s eyes won’t have adjusted to the darkness, for ultimate privacy. Or, come down to the beach in the dead of night when there’s no one else around.
Outdoor sex is a massive kink for many folks, and beach sex has that added layer of romance that only the seashore can provide. Hopefully, our tips have inspired you to safely get out into nature and take your relationship to the next level with the best beach sex imaginable.
Enjoy sex at beach settings without getting sand in all the wrong places! Have the best beach sex by bringing a towel, wipes, loose clothing that you can mostly keep on, and knowing when the tide is coming in.